Friday, October 2, 2009

Have I told you lately...?

Have I mentioned lately how much I love my hubby? Thoughtful man that he is, he got me a new camera (beginner DSLR) for my birthday a couple of weeks ago! Not that I didn't hint. Oh, I did hint...you know, musing aloud while reading camera ads in the paper, mentioning how I missed my old film SLR that tanked ages ago, sighing that I could never get a decent picture of our toddler because he had long since left the frame by the time our 'point and shoot' got around to actually taking his picture...how when we were old we probably wouldn't remember him at this cute age and all the pictures would simply be a blurry shot of blue that was his shoulder or back.

[Ladybug taken with my new(!) Nikon D3000 with an 18-55 mm lens]

What I really love about my husband is not that he gets hints - most guys can conquer that. No, what I love is that he acts on the hints. Now that is a man worth holding onto!

Thanks, honey! I really, really like it! And, um, I promise to stop taking so many pictures of you when you are reading your paper ;-)

7 comments:

The Giraffe Head Tree said...

Ah, what a dear hubby! Yeah, he sounds like a keeper to me. Have fun with your new camera!

sweetbay said...

I agree, he's a keeper! You're going to love having a DSLR. :)

Kat_RN said...

Oh boy can I relate with this one. My Sweet Hubby got my little fuji for me almost two years ago, it has been life changing. Shoot to your hearts content, and years from now, the shots of him reading the paper will be important too. Congratulations. I love your ladybug!
Kat

Rebecca @ In The Garden said...

Great present! Enjoy! Lovely ladybug picture, I adore them :) Rebecca

Northern Beauty Seeker said...

Hi All: I realize I am very lucky Hubby is so thoughtful. I am already having a blast with my camera. Just wish it was the beginning of gardening season - not the end! :(

Diane Schuller said...

what a great guy he is indeed. Enjoy your new camera -- a new door has just opened wide for you!

Ruthie Redden said...

what a wonderful present & a wonderful hubby too. happy belated birthday!! x